The Oklahoma Scenic Rivers Commission (OSRC) will conduct an Election on Tuesday, December 6, 2005, for the following positions on the Board of Commissioners:
Two (2) At-Large Commissioners
During the candidate filing period of November 14, 15 and 16, 2005, five (5) candidates filed for the Two (2) At-Large Commissioner positions.
Those individuals filing as candidates:
1. Ed Brocksmith, retired news media/public affairs director, former OSRC Commissioner appointed by the Oklahoma State Senate and resident of the Tahlequah Area.
2. Larry Clark, fishing guide, manager of tool rental company, incumbent OSRC At-Large Commissioner, and resident of Tahlequah.
3. Rod Foster, owner of Elephant Rock Nature Park, information technology technician, incumbent OSRC At-Large Commissioner, and Tahlequah area resident.
4. Keith Morgan, poultry farmer, president of Poultry Partners Group, businessman, former OSRC At-Large Commissioner, and resident of the Colcord Area.
5. Lanny Williams, certified public accountant operating a private accounting business, City Treasurer for the City of Tahlequah and resident of Tahlequah.
County polling locations for the OSRC 2005 Election are:
Adair County - Skelly School Annex (located east of, adjacent to the main School complex, Chewey, Oklahoma)
Cherokee County - OSRC Headquarters (located two (2) miles northeast of Tahlequah, Oklahoma on State Highway “Scenic” #10 North)
Delaware County - Kansas Town Hall (located one (1) block south of the Harvest House Restaurant on “old” US Highway “Scenic” 412 west of the “old” US #412 and State Highway #10 Junction, Kansas, Oklahoma)
The polling locations will be open to qualified voters to cast ballots from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 6, 2005.
In order to be eligible to vote in the OSRC Election, all voters shall have been previously registered as qualified voters in the 2003 OSRC Election or have registered as a new voter and/or updated voter registration prior to Thursday, November 10, 2005.
Absentee voting shall not be permitted in OSRC Elections.
The Election will be conducted pursuant to provisions of Title 82 Oklahoma Statutes, Section 1461 and Oklahoma Administrative Code, Scenic Rivers Commission Title 630: Chapter 3. Election Procedures.
For further information, please call the OSRC at (918) 456-3251 Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This notice will be published in newspapers of general circulation within Adair, Cherokee and Delaware Counties the week of November 21st and 28th.
This election notice was prepared and posted Friday, November 18, 2005.